Whether selling your home, or looking for a new home, the over 1,400 REALTORS® in Winnipeg and the surrounding rural municipalities work together to help you out. This REALTOR® network shares information and resources to secure the biggest financial investment for most people in their lifetime.
Who is a REALTOR®?
Not all licensed or registered brokers and salespeople are REALTORS®. Only real estate licensees who are members of the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) are REALTORS®. These REALTORS® are committed to a high standard of professional conduct, ongoing education and to a strict code of ethics and standards of business practice. Using the service of a professional REALTOR® helps in disclosing maximum property information and facts, therefore reducing your risk.
A REALTORS®’ best form of advertising is through word of mouth. So, beyond being regulated through the Manitoba Securities Commission and following other required obligations REALTORS® must adhere to, they rely on referrals to build their business and reputation. It is not a one shot deal but is more a life long relationship that REALTORS® build with their clientele.
Teaming up with a REALTOR® provides you with invaluable access to professional real estate expertise and knowledge. You benefit because:
• Your REALTOR® can help determine your buying power and refer you to lenders best qualified to maximize your loan and minimize your cost.
• Your REALTOR® has full access to all the features of the Multiple Listing Service®, Canada's most powerful real estate marketing network.
• Your REALTOR® provides local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, etc. REALTORS® assist you in making the best choice selecting an environment where you and your family can grow.
• Your REALTOR® has a finger on the pulse of the housing market and is knowledgeable about developments and trends in real estate.
• Your REALTOR® has the facts on comparable pricing, neighbourhood trends and housing market conditions, data you can use to set your best course of action and maximize your home’s resale value when you are ready to sell.
• Your REALTOR® can negotiate the best deal. There are myriad negotiating factors, including price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings or equipment. By negotiation alone, your REALTOR® often saves you more than the cost of their service.
• Your REALTOR® assists you in providing due diligence to evaluate the property. This may include inspections for mould, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. Your REALTOR® can assist you in determining what conditions to recommend and assist in finding qualified professionals to investigate and provide a report to you.
• Your REALTOR® can guide you through the sales process making sure everything flows smoothly from initial offer to closing.
• Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. Often, REALTORS® will provide guidance on staging or repairs that enhance the salability of your property. Your REALTOR® will harness the power of the Multiple Listing Service® to expose your property to a large network of qualified buyers as well as coordinate marketing through the most effective array of other advertising media. Only local REALTORS® have access to the marketing exposure of the Winnipeg Real Estate News.
You are protected when you work with a REALTOR® for a number of reasons:
• All REALTORS® are graduates of a real estate education program and are committed to pursuing ongoing professional development courses and take mandatory education every year.
• REALTORS® must adhere to a strict code of ethics and standards of business practice — your guarantee of professional conduct and service excellence.
• All REALTORS® carry errors and omissions insurance.
• The Real Estate Reimbursement Fund is available to you in the rare event of fraud or breach of trust by a REALTOR®. It is your protection against financial loss. This fund is financially supported by our members.
• A licensed brokerage supervises the business conduct of all REALTORS® to ensure their compliance with the Real Estate Brokers Act.
Why the registered “®” after the word REALTOR®?
Only REALTORS®, who are members of the Canadian Real Estate Association and a local real
estate board or association can call themselves
WinnipegREALTORS® members adhere to a strict code of ethics and standards of business practice that non-board members and independent listing companies do not.