A REALTOR® will assist you during every step in the complex process of a real estate transaction. Every REALTOR® is a trained professional with rigorous education provided by the Manitoba Real Estate Association. They are licensed and regulated by the Government of Manitoba through the Manitoba Securities Commission. Each REALTOR® adheres to the national code of conduct, the REALTOR® Code, as set out by the Canadian Real Estate Association. REALTORS® are committed to professional competent service, fairness, accountability and absolute honesty and integrity in business dealings.
Using a REALTOR® gives you peace-of-mind as they help you through the buying and/or selling process. They consult with you regarding the pricing and marketing of your home. They find the right home in the right neighbourhood for you. They are available and ready to help with everything from negotiation and paperwork to offering objective advice about different properties.
If you haven’t yet found a REALTOR®, and don’t know where to start, consider the following factors in order to choose one who is right for you.
- Ask your friends and colleagues for recommendations.
- Make a note of the agents who are currently selling homes in your area and give them a call.
- Contact the REALTOR® who sold you your current home as you've already built a relationship with them. If they did a good job in helping you buy your home, they may be the perfect choice for selling it.
- Pick up or read online the Winnipeg Regional Real Estate News for a selection of REALTORS®.
Once you have narrowed down a few potential REALTORS®, interview them to determine if they are the right fit for you. REALTORS® are professionals who wish to work with you to create a mutually beneficial partnership. Questions you may ask include:
- “How familiar are you with my area?”
- “What kind of marketing plan will you use for my property?”
- “How much do you charge?”
- “Will you provide references?”
Ensure you feel comfortable with your REALTOR® of choice and that they display an interest in helping you before committing.
You can use the search to find a REALTOR® based on criteria you may have.