Have you got extra disenfecting wipes containers that you’re wondering what to do with? This simple tutorial for DIY decorated Clorox wipes is the perfect answer.
You can decorate the container so that it matches your decor and you can also decorate the empty container and put it to use as repurposed organizing in your home.
I have a confession. I’m a bit of a clean freak. With three children, you can understand why keeping my home clean, removing dirt and germs is important to me.
Being the kind of mama that likes to keep everything clean and germ-free, I keep a container of Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes in the kitchen and every bathroom so there are no excuses for not cleaning up often.
And because I like to keep things pretty in my home, I take a few minutes to make these easy decorated disinfecting wipes containers to match the decor in each room.
What to do with empty wipes containers
Whether you decorate the empty disinfecting wipes container or not, you can use them:
• To hold plastic shopping bags
• To hold crayons or colored pencils
• As a stand for your toilet bowl brush
• As a mini trash can in your car
• To hold paint brushes
• Cut them down to make office organizers
• As a pot to start seedlings in
• To hold small toys in the car
• Cut them down to make organizing dishes for rings and bracelets
• To hold toys for trips to the restaurant
• As a treasure box for rocks, leaves and such
• In the laundry room to hold items from pockets
• To hold a button collection
• To hold nails and screws on a work table
• To hold receipts
• As a piggy bank for change
• To hold kitchen utensils on the counter
• To make a time capsule
• To hold washi tape
• To hold pipe cleaners
• To hold rulers in a sewing room or classroom
• Cut them down to make junk drawer organizers
• To hold homemade DIY disinfecting wipes
DIY Decorated Disinfecting Wipes Container
The Clorox Disinfecting Wipes container is made from the recyclable number 2 class of HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) so it’s recyclable (which I love), but what I really like is to repurpose the containers.
You know me, I hate to throw anything useful out. I look for ways to reuse wipes containers. It makes me so happy that I can simply refill the container when it’s empty and reuse the decorated container over and over again. Repurposed wipes containers — yea!
It’s really so easy to decorate the wipes containers. The decorating possibilities are endless. When the containers are this pretty you can see why you’re happy to leave them out on your counter and show them off.
• Disinfecting Wipes
• Decorative paper (I’ve also used wall paper cut-outs and recycled greeting card images)
• Paper cutter or scissors
• Decoupage glue
• Sponge brush
• Rubber bands
Measure the decorative paper so that it is the size of the label that you’ll be covering. You can remove the label so that you can place smaller images on the white container. If you’re going to remove the label, plan so that your images can cover the glue line that held the label in place.
Apply decoupage glue to the back of the decorative paper and attach the paper to the container.
Use rubber bands placed around the container to hold the paper in place while it dries.
I always cover the front side of the paper with decoupague glue as well to protect it since I’ll be keeping the container in the kitchen or bathroom and it may be exposed to moisture.
Voila! In less than 10 minutes, you’ve created a personalized decorated disinfecting wipes container that you can have easily accessible in your home. Having the wipes readily available means it’s more likely that my family will help clean up.
For more great repurposed organizing ideas just like this one please visit Organized31.com
— Courtesy of Organized31.com